Thursday, August 18, 2011

New work and upcoming shows

I attended a workshop this spring to study with a favorite artist of mine, Guido Frick. Guido creates beautiful still life and landscape paintings. It was the second workshop of his I have attended.
 His classes, in conjunction with last year's Alabama Art Colony instructor Qiang Huang, inspired me to focus on still life paintings.
I hope you enjoy the one I posted. I will have some more posted on my website soon!
Hydrangeas & Watermelon, Oil, 28 x 22 inches
©Colette Martin Waite

 Announcing three shows coming up this fall.
The first show features seven local artists working in oil and acrylic painting, glass and wood.
The Art of Dermatology
The Center for Dermatology
4310 Old Shell Road    Mobile, AL
Wednesday, September 21, 2011    1 - 6pm

The Grand Festival of Art
Downtown Fairhope, AL
October 8- 9, 2011

Peter Anderson Arts & Crafts Festival
Downtown Ocean Springs , MS
November 5-6, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment